Why’d Railbird Choose Their Tracks?
Well, let us tell you ….
- What A Little Moon Light Can Do - Billie Holiday - I will always admire Billie Holiday’s voice, phrasing and sense of rhythm
- The Good Eye - Opsvik & Jennings - Ben Davis pick. This is one of his favorite songs. He loves the percussion and production.
- “Bodas de oro” - Ry Cooder & Manuel Galban - This is one of the best guitar albums of all time. -Chris Kyle pick
- Can I Kick It ? - Tribe Called Quest - old school summer jam
- [Nothing But] Flowers - Talking Heads - The lyrics are great. I especially love the chorus of this song. My favorite line is “This was a Pizza Hut now it’s all covered with daisies.” It’s a great image. “I can’t get used to this lifestyle!”
- How Will I Know? - Whitney Houston - I’m just gonna sneak this one on here.
- “Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’ ” - Michael Jackson - The song, production and Michael’s performance are amazing!
- “Niggas In Paris” - Jay-Z and Kanye West - Xander Naylor’s pick - In his words “Greatest moment in pop since Michael Jackson.”
- So What’cha Want - Beastie Boys - Chris Kyle pick. In his words “this one brings me back to junior high when I’d skateboard and then jam with my friend in big red barn. Drums and guitar with the amp turned all the way up.
- “Caution” - Bob Marley - Chris Kyle pick. The background vocals, the organ, the feel, the funky guitar..It’s all there. I love these older cuts from Bob Marley.
- Cotton-Eyed Joe - Nina Simone - She adds depth to anything she sings. Taking an old American folk song that everyone knows and singing it like no one else can.
- Streets Of Derry - Andy Irvine & Paul Brady - Ben Davis’ pick. He loves the singing and production and likes that these two very popular Irish musicians collaborated in the first place, which was rare.
- 3 Gnossiennes: Gnossienne No. 3 - Erik Satie (Performed by Roland Pontrinen) - For a while I was in love all of the Gymnopédies and lately I find myself putting on Gnossiennes as well.